Sunday 13 November 2011

Galleria Umberto I, in Naples is one of the most beautiful shoppings in the world

This shopping area in Naples must be the most impressive we have ever seen. The Galleria Umberto I was completed in 1891 and contains four arms. The decorations on all the shops, ceiling, columns, walls… are just unbelievable. The roof is out of glass and towers 25m high above you. You can not imagine that you are inside a shopping mall. By coincidance, I saw on the blog of Cezar and Léia that in Milan you have a similar gallery.

Dit winkelcentrum in Napels is waarschijnlijk het meest indrukwekkende dat we ooit hebben gezien. De Galleria Umberto I, werd afgewerkt in het jaar 1891 en het gebouw heeft vier armen. De versieringen op alle muren, plafonds, zuilen en winkels zijn ongelooflijk. Het dak bestaat uit glas en torent 25 meter hoog boven u uit. Je kan je niet voorstellen dat je binnenin een winkelgalerij staat. Bij toeval zag ik op blog van Cezar and Léia dat er in Milaan een soortgelijke galerij staat.

Galleria Umberto I
Galleria Umberto I
Galleria Umberto I
Galleria Umberto I
Galleria Umberto I
Galleria Umberto I
Galleria Umberto I
Galleria Umberto I
Galleria Umberto I
Galleria Umberto I
Previous Naples article: Basilica di Francesco di Paola in Naples

Return to main page

8 comments:

  1. Omigosh... so pretty! really really take my breath away. omigosh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do these things so well in Italy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastisch mooi..... geweldig gefotografeerd .

    Groet, Joop

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, someday I would be visiting these places in Europe !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Italy has the most beautiful shopping places..
    Not to speak about the buildings I admire!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic photos from this galleria. Hope, you have a good party with the Italian people because the new government.

    ReplyDelete
  7. really beautiful, so impressive details! The one in Milano is breathtaking too:-)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.